Erica C. Boling, PhD
Northeast K9 Conditioning
In this day and age with information overload and the social media craze, anything that we can do as a business owner to stand out from our competitors is a huge plus. People are bombarded daily with online advertisements, sales, marketing pitches and more. We are getting quite good at blocking out much of this “noise.” One of the secrets for successfully growing a business and attracting new clients, however, is finding innovative ways to get people’s attention, stand out from the competition, and leave a positive, lasting impression.
So, what can we do to gain visibility, get our target audience’s attention and develop their trust? How can we develop and grow personal connections that can ultimately lead to attracting and retaining new clients? One strategy that can be quite effective is using online programs such as Bonjoro or BombBomb to share short, personal video email messages. Here are just a few of the many strategies that you can use to attract and retain clients through video email (or text!) messages.
- Follow Up with Potential Clients: Just finishing up with that conversation with a potential new client who has not yet made a decision about working with you? Make a positive and lasting impression by sending a follow-up video email message thanking them for speaking with you and letting them know how very excited you are to work with them.
- Welcome New Members: Once that new client has signed up with you, let them know how special they are and how much you appreciate them choosing you! Send a short, personal welcome message by sending them a video via email or text.
- Meeting and Appointment Reminders: Having a problem with people forgetting about their appointments with you? Record and send a short, personal video reminder and let people know how much you are looking forward to seeing them. Have an important event, online webinar or Facebook Live show that you don’t want people to miss? You can even post the same video reminder on your Facebook or Instagram page.
- Celebrate Successes: Everybody likes to be acknowledged for a job well done. Did your client recently overcome a challenge? Meet a personal goal? Have a great session when working with you? Send a quick congratulatory video message to them. It will be one that they will remember!
- Business Connection Follow-Ups: Do you frequently handout out business cards at conferences, workshops and events but get frustrated when people don’t follow up with you afterward? Instead of waiting and hoping they will reach out to you, take control of the situation! Be sure to collect their contact information and then send a short video message letting them know how great it was to meet them. Seeing you on video will make it easier for individuals to remember you, and the personalized touch will encourage them to respond back.
Finally, think about how you can use personalized video messages to help network with other professionals and businesses in your area. One great way to boost visibility and double or even triple your audience in a short amount of time is by partnering up with other businesses that provide services that complement your own. Perhaps you are a dog trainer who has clients that could benefit from the services of a dog groomer. Consider partnering up with a local groomer. You can refer your clients to the groomer, and the groomer can refer their unruly pups to you for some obedience training.
Not sure which pet businesses are in your area and unsure who might want to partner with you? Use BabelBark’s free app to search for top-rated, accredited local pet services in your area. Plan to reach out to them in person but consider sending them an introduction video email before you go and then send a thank video afterward! Whether connecting with dog groomers, walkers, pet store owners, trainers or kennel operators, you can also use BabelBark’s BizBark program to stay connected with them and your clients. BizBark makes it easy to share messages and pet information with these individuals and adding a link to your video message will make your communications even more memorable!